Friday, February 2, 2024

Karen Cino is visiting and talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Human Resources #women's fiction #Five Beach Road Series #Cozy mysteries

 What Were You Before

 

Day 1

1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?

I'm pretty sure I was born with a pen and notebook in my hands. I can't remember a time when I didn't write. But through my early years, I worked in Human Resources after I graduated from college until I had my kids. When I returned back to work, I worked in retail management. That's where I started collecting real life events that I've incorporated in my books. 

 2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.

 I generally write women's fiction with romantic elements and mystery, and added writing cozy mysteries to my repertoire. 

3. What is your latest release?

 My latest release was Seaside Reboot, book one in my Jersey Route 35 Cozy Mystery. 

4. What are you working on now?

I'm working on two books. The first one is book 2 in my Five Beach Road series, which is women's fiction. I'm also in the process of finishing book 2 in my Jersey Route 35 Cozy Mystery.

5. Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?

 I would have to say yes. Earlier in my career I read romance novels. But when I read Lovers and Gamblers by Jackie Collins, I immediately knew I found my genre. Later on in my writing career, I read One For The Money by Janet Evanovich and I feel in love with cozy mysteries. So, in answer to the question if my reading choices influenced my writing genre, I would have to say yes.

6. Where can we find you?

 You can find me on my website at: karencino.com. I'm also on Facebook, (Twitter) X and Instagram. 

No comments: