Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday Daryl Devore is Visiting and Talking about her latest release #MFRWAuthor #dance #romance #teacher #Sagittarius

 

1.   Tell me about your latest release or the book you wish to feature? Genre?

 

My latest release – which is something like book 19 – is a contemporary dancer romance – Circles Interlocked. It is the sequel to NA contemporary dancer romance – Dancing in Circles.

 

2.   Where did the idea arise?

The end of Dancing in Circles demanded a continuation of the story. The ages of the characters went from late teens/early 20s to late 20s – so the genre left NA and moved to contemporary. The first book – Dancing in Circles – came about when 2 of my students complained there was nothing to read. So, I wrote that book designed for them, and this is the rest of the story.

 

3.   How much research was involved? Did you stay on point or be distracted by wanting to look at just one more thing?

Research was ongoing for this as I was teaching senior level high school as I was writing the book. I watched my students and listened to them and based by characters on them. The MC – Robert – is actually someone from my high school when I was a student.

 

4.   How long did you take to write the book?

Sorry, I don’t remember. It was a few years ago. The book was published under my other pen name, so this is a re-release. I’m getting all my works under one pen name.

 

5.   Now a bit about you. How long have you been writing? What is your Sun Sign?

Sagittarius - <Independent and strong-willed, Sagittarius personalities are all about going off the beaten path. Sagittarius isn’t afraid to step away from the pack, and is a natural born leader who goes after what he or she wants, regardless of what other people think.> https://www.horoscope.com/zodiac-signs/sagittarius

 

That describes me pretty well. I never fit in with crowds at school. I did what I wanted to do and everyone could just deal or ignore me. Part of my independence comes from being an only child.

I started writing when I was in high school, taking a creative writing class. I loved being assigned essays because I got to write. The ability to put words on paper helped me through a couple of university exams where I really stretched the answer.

 

6. Do you write in a number of genres of stick to one?

 

Part of that Sagittarian independence shows up in my writing. I write what my muse suggests. Authors get told – stick to 1 genre. Your readers expect it and get annoyed when you write something else.

Nope – isn’t going to happen. I have written hot romances – billionaire, twisted fairy tale, medieval. I have written sweet romances – contemporary, sports and a quirky mystery. Currently, I am loving sweet medieval fantasy. When I am done with that, who knows what genre I’ll try.

I see my switching genres as - instead of losing readers, I pick them up with my different types of stories and heat levels. And – more importantly, I am not confined to 1 genre. Sagittarians don’t do well when somebody tries to put them in a box.

 

6.   Where on the internet can you be found?

 

Blog - Romance - Sweet to Heat

Twitter

MEWE

Pinterest

Instagram

Facebook

Website

Amazon Author Page

GoodReads Author Page

LinkedIn

Book Bub

I no longer have a newsletter. LOL – imagine – a Sagittarian moving away from the crowd. I created an author group. One is on FB and the other on MeWe. Since some people have moved away from FB, I didn’t want to lose them as group members. I think of the 2 groups as 1, so it doesn’t matter which group you join. Lots of benefits from joining – including a free ebook and my eternal gratitude.

Fb - https://www.facebook.com/groups/738845900663510

MeWe - https://mewe.com/join/daryldevoresmusings

 

No comments: