Friday, February 26, 2021

Friday Sierra Brave is visiting and talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #crisis center #teacher #Paranormal #fairy tales

 

1.       What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?

 

So many things…I’ve worked part-time in a music store. I was a relief counselor for a crisis center and group home while I was in college. I worked as a before-and-after-school care teacher before being hired as the administrator of a satellite college completion program on a military base. I enjoyed working with the adult-student population and helping people finish their Baccalaureate degrees so I continued in the field and even took some graduate courses in Adult Education Administration until my son was born. I decided to stay home with him and later with his sisters. I worked on and off during that time, but since my son was what school systems call twice-exceptional (on the autistic spectrum but also intellectually gifted), I spent a lot of time advocating for him. I started writing about seven years ago.

 

I don’t know if past job experiences have influenced my writing much, but I’m sure my life experiences do. I sometimes use favorite places I’ve been as settings. Even if I fictionalize them, I attempt to recapture the feelings those places gave me. I have taken inspiration from some of the people I’ve worked with when creating some of my characters as well.

 

2.       Are you genre-specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.

 

I don’t have a specific genre though it might have helped my career if I did. My Triple Passion Play series is retro-contemporary menage (spans two decades from when the MCs first become a trouple in their early twenties to when they’re forty-somethings still dealing with the unique challenges of maintaining their relationship while raising a family.

 

I probably lean more toward paranormal, like my Horse Mountain Shifters series which is a mixture of paranormal and contemporary western. The series currently has four books, and I have two more in the planning process right now. My newest series, Fated Fairytales, is a fantasy fiction retelling of some old fairytale favorites with a paranormal/shifter twist and a bit of danger and magic.

 

3.       What is your latest release?

 

Scarlett and the Big Bad is the first book in the Fated Fairytales series. The title probably gives away the Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs connection. The pig-shifters are small supporting characters. The main characters are the “Big Bad Wolf,” werewolf, Monty Blackwolf, and his human, fated mate, Scarlett.

 

4.                                                                                                     What are you working on now?  

I have two things in production right now. The first is Fated Fairytales book two, a reverse harem retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Scarlett and Monty’s romance arc is completed in book one, but the overall arc of a community of shifters battling a dangerous order of magical human traffickers continues as Goldie’s romance begins.

 

My other project is a serialized story I’m writing on the reading app, Radish. Alice in Shifterland is a campy, steamy, and over-the-top fantasy fiction, reverse harem romance about a socialite who chases a were-rabbit into a tear in and space where she finds out who she really is in the course of falling ass-backwards into one crap storm after another. Writing the first season, Down the Rabbit Hole, was a ton of fun and probably what got me started on fairytale retellings. The entire first season is currently free while I’m posting new chapters in season two, Rise of the White Queen, on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

 

5.       Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?

Sure, I loved Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse books so she’s probably why I write a lot of paranormal romance and continue to read more. I just finished Howl (Sin City Wolf book 1) by January Bain.

 

6.       Where can we find you?

Thanks for asking! I hope everyone will follow me on social media and sign-up for my newsletter.

 

Email: sierra@sierrabrave.rocks

Webpage: www.sierrabrave.rocks

Blog: https://sierrabrave.rocks/news-and-musings/

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Brave/e/B00YZEU9PI/

Books2Read: https://books2read.com/ap/n9EYgn/Sierra-Brave

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sierra-Brave-1422713414692067/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BraveSierra

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sierrabraveauthor/

Booksprout: https://booksprout.co/author/2937/sierra

 

For the newsletters, there are a few options. You can sign up through my landing page: https://mailchi.mp/7332d9f55a11/blushing-press-sign-up-page

You’ll be sent a link to my historical fiction, harem romance, Fevered Dream, in PDF as a thank you.

 

Option two is to go through StoryOrigin where you can download Fevered Dream or the first book in the Triple Passion Play series (Rock You Like a Hurricane) for free in either MOBI, e-PUB, or PDF when you sign-up. Keep in mind that Rock You Like a Hurricane is available for free at most major retailers as well.

To get Rock You Like a Hurricane free: https://storyoriginapp.com/giveaways/aa065314-27ba-11eb-99f1-7f833abe1bfa

To download Fevered Dream for free: https://storyoriginapp.com/giveaways/a7726af8-c0ad-11ea-802b-972f95adda66

 

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Thanks for having me on your blog! xoxo