Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Patricia Bates is Visiting and Talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Imagination #Historicals #Contemporary #Paranormal

 

What Were You Before

 

Day 1

1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer? Before I became a writer - I've always written but before I was published I was in school. Taking business courses. No, it didn't influence me. I've always been playing with writing from the early ages. It was a way for me to escape and let my imagination fly. 

 

2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.

 I tend to be genre specific when I'm writing. When I'm writing historicals I stay in the historicals, if I'm writing contemporary then I'll spread out a little and include mystery or paranormal or suspense elements. I write what the characters and the story demand of me lol. 

 

3. What is your latest release? My latest release was Elf in the Globe a short Christmas story in the Have A Romantique's Christmas anthology. It came out in December but I do have another book coming out within the next few weeks - a full length Dark Historical Romance.

 

4. What are you working on now? Final revisions for my historical romance Shadows of Rome and a contemporary suspense pararnomal romance. 

 

5. Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career? I don't think so, I tend to read a little of everything and most of it has never made it into my writing lol. Of course certain aspects I absolutely love have made it in and that makes it more fun. 

 

6. Where can we find you? You can find me on my website, www.patriciabates.com, on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PatriciaBatesauthor and on IG at www.instagram.com/patriciabatesauthor

No comments: