Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday Maggie Blackbird is Visiting and Talking About Who She Was Before #Canada's Indigenous People #Young Adult #Romance

 

1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?

 

I was a program officer for an Aboriginal Employment and Training Organization for fifteen years.  This position took me all over the Treaty area (55,000 SQ miles) and then some (into Manitoba and Southern Ontario).  Did the position influence my choice as a writer?  No.  I was writing well before I landed that job.  But working for my own people did influence what I would focus on, and that is writing romance starring Canada’s Indigenous People.

 

2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.

 

I wouldn’t say I’m genre specific.  I write Young Adult, LGBT, contemporary, etc.  But the book/story is always romance.

 

3. What is your latest release?

 

Knight Moves, the third book in the When We Were Young series.

 

4. What are you working on now?

 

I’m in the final stage of edits with my publisher for the final book in the When We Were Young series called Real Warriors.  I’m in the midst of self-edits for a time travel/historical romanced called Born for This.  And I’m fast-drafting a contemporary romance.

 

5. Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?

 

No.  I read a lot of historical romance and my fave authors are Johanna Lindsey and Rosanne Bittner.  But they sure inspired me to write.

 

6. Where can we find you?

 

Everything you need to know about me can be found at my web site:  https://maggieblackbird.com

1 comment:

Maggie Blackbird said...

Thank you very much for hosting me. It's greatly appreciated.