Blake’s Folly Romance with J. Arlene Culiner
1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?
I was—and still am—a social-critical artist and photographer. Some years ago, I had a photographic show in Canada, and the curator asked what my next project was. I told her that I would be tracing 19th-century Romanian immigration, and she said, “That’s not a photo idea. It’s a book.” I realized she was right, and that’s what finally convinced me to take my writing seriously.
2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.
I never know what I’m going to want to write. Lately, I’ve been writing contemporary romance as well as non-fiction, but I’ve written mysteries, too.
3. What is your latest release?
A recent release was A Room in Blake’s Folly, the first book in my series, Romance in Blake’s Folly, but the second book, All About Charming Alice is being released on April 3, and the third book, Desert Rose, will be out on May 3.
4. What are you working on now?
Whoa! That makes three books in a short time, plus I’m waiting to hear from a publisher about a non-fiction travel/history book that I just finished. Now, all I need is breathing space and a holiday away from my computer.
5. Do your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?
Yes and no. I tend to read non-fiction, and some of my books are also non-fiction. But it’s more my lifestyle choices that have made me into a writer;
6. Where can we find you?
Everything can be found here: https://linktr.ee/j.arleneculiner