Monday, August 8, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #amwriting


Meander 1 _Poem - The Fun House

She wanders through the house of thrills.
Eerie noises, screams and shrieks
Tapping on her spine.
Fun house
But is she sure?
As nightmares come to haint her steps
Gooseflesh covers her skin
And sends her voice into ultrasonic notes.
Spiders dangle web her arms
And back she jumps to get away.
Mirrors show - distort her soul.
Do they see what others see?
A gust of wind lifts her skirt.
She giggles, looks around and hopes.
A maze of horror - Demon laughter
And she is lost inside.

Meander 2 Thinking about crossword puzzles. While eating my lunch I have a fork in one hand and a pencil in the other. While chewing the salad greens, I find the clues and fill in the spaces. I'm amazed sometimes as to how easily I solve one puzzle and how the next one seems hard. Just one wrong letter and one can't figure the word. Then in a flash - that a should be an e or some other vowel. I find crossword puzzles give my mind a rest and sometimes are a goad to what I'm writing.

Meander 3 _ Writing. The past week had me jumping here and there and finding little time to keep pushing at the writing. I'm pretty much at the same stage as I was last week. This week I vow to do better. To finish the draft of the story I'm working on and to type a lot to make the next draft possible since that will finish the story. Then it's on to a new one and I have some ideas on that one.

No comments: