Monday, August 15, 2016

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry #writing

Meander 1 - Poem - The Steeplechase

A horse of wood sits on a rod of steel.
He is perches on top.
Leaning forward with his feet
Dangling against his wooden mount.
His horse is number four.
He batters feet against
The wood and painted steed.
Hurry, hurry.
The screaming crowd shouts - yells.
Hurry number four.
Om jockey fashion he lifts his arm
And lashes the wooden horse.
It's number one in front
Then three
And here comes number four.
He takes the lead by pressing hard
But slow the ride runs down.
He ends ahead on a circular track
And pays for another ride.

Meander 2 - The Olympics. I must admit I've been watching off and on. Some of the things are main stream events. Yesterday I watched the fencing. Got so involved a half hour passed before I realized what happened. I used to fence. At least I was taking lessons until a car wreck ended my love of swords and actively pursuing the event. But I must admit while watching I became the fencer and lived dreams for a moment.

Meander 3 - The heat makes the mind slow down but I am writing. Now to finish typing two chapters so I can get to the final draft of this story. Have begun The Cancer Capricorn Connection and while there are holes in the plot they'll vanish when I get to the next draft which is the plot draft. Am also typing edits into a story that was written years ago and I'm adding words, not to make the story longer. It's long enough but to smooth the prose. Sometimes I write sentences that need a bit of expansion to make them clear. Am doing this slowly.

No comments: