Monday, July 4, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #poem

Meander 1 - Poem - The Garden Gates

The Garden Gates

The garden gate is locked.
The bolts are fastened shut.
Outside I stane without a key
Rejected an forlorn.

I hear the sounds of laughter.
I wish that I could join.
But the gates are closed and fastened. Rejected and forlorn.

Through a knothole I see people
Talking and finding joy.
I beat my fists upon the gate.
Rejected and forlorn.

No answer comes, no welcome cry.
No arms reach out to me.
I stand without and look within
Rejected and forlorn.

Meander 2 - Celebrity for forty eight hours. Recently I was a hospital patient for a surgical procedure. I always carry promotional pens with me. So I gave one to one of the nurses. She said she liked to read and I told her I had a number of books available. The next thing I knew nurses who weren't assigned came in to look at the "famous writer." Not famous by far, I did enjoy my moment of being a star.

Meander 3 - Typing is proceeding, not as fast as I'd like but faster than before. The rough draft is shaping up though there are still plot holes to take care of when I write the next draft. But that will wait until I come closer to finishing a book that's taking longer than I like but it's not mine and I'm being kind of a ghost writer here.

No comments: