Monday, July 13, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #amwriting


Meander 1 - Blog Stuff. This week I had a guest show late and did a little promotion. What I know is this jacked up my daily counts and that makes me feel glad. I do wish people would comment. I try to make it easy for them by not complicating the issue but I guess most people have nothing to say. Now I'm planning on giving away some print books to people who have commented on my blog. I have a lot of print books that are no longer for books I'm pushing these days and they are cluttering the shelves. I just have to figure out when and how to do this. Probably before the end of the year.
Another thing that puzzles me is I wonder how much the guests promote when they are visiting. I know I promote them to at least 5 places on Facebook and also on Twitter. But I seldom see anyone shouting, hey I'm visiting Eclectic Writer.

Meander 2 - My Kindle died and was doing all kind of things I didn't understand. I called on a Sunday and the woman I talked to said they would send me a new one and I could send that one back. The new one arrived on Monday not long after I received an email saying the replacement had been sent. Now I have to gather everything together and send the old one back. problem is finding the time when I can leave the invalid alone. This week for sure.

Meander 3 - My writing. Going well. Still typing Divided Dreams into the computer so I can do the final draft. Will probably get the last three chapters done this week. Then comes the fine tooth comb and making sure the mss makes sense puls putting all the stuff needed into the picture, including all the books I've done. Am rough drafting a new story Wizards of Fyre and this is going great guns. Have about 30,000 words so far and some of the scenes had me running out of steam or just plain avoiding. Writing love scenes always takes more time than I care to do in a rough draft. Seven out of 12 done. This is pretty good when my writing time has been cut in half.

No comments: