Monday, July 6, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #amwriting


Meander 1 - Promoting other authors - Some people say you shouldn't do this. I don't agree. When I promote other authors there are people who don't know me but who will come and read my blog. They might see other things there to interest them. I've received new regulars at these times. The one thing I don't do, and I do pass along other people's blogs through Triberr. They also pass my blogs along. Back to what I don't do. I don't belong to one of those things that automatically post especially to Twitter every thing you have marked to pass along. The blogs I promote are done in fifteen minute to half hour occurrances, not ten or twenty in a row and the same ones over and over again. I get to the point that I skip even reading these Tweets. I might miss something interesting, so be it. I'm mainly annoyed.

Meander 2 _ Promoting my books - I do this but not more than twice a week using my blog as the basis. There are two days that I send something Thursday and Sunday. Those I promote a lot of places usually 6 groups I belong to and then 6 to 10 groups on Facebook. Occasionally more. I feel to push my stuff every day even if I change the words begins to annoy people and that's what I don't want to do. Maybe I'll never hit the big time but I do continue to sell steadily.

Meander 3 - Divided Dreams is in the settling mode and will be for another couple of weeks. Meanwhile I'm doing the rough draft of Wizards of Fyre and so far so good. Now blocking in chapter 4 out of twelve. Once this rough draft is finished then I'll begin to turn all those words written into words more than this writer can love. Rough drafts are ones only the author can love. Sometimes critique partners can see the marvel beneath the roughness, too.

No comments: