Monday, May 18, 2015

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - Cliches. We are told to avoid them when we're writing our stories. But they always seem to be the right words to use. So we have to find other ways to say those rigth things. I've found one place where knowing cliches is a great help. That was today's Crossword puzzle. Sundays usually have a theme and today was one. Made em feel good when I knew all the cliches needed to fill in the blanks. So I guess though I'm always taking them out of my stories they are some use after all. I'm not sure I succeed with the stories, but I do with crossword puzzles.

Meander 2 - Reading - Lately what I've been reading I have at least rated. That is so much better than writing a review. One problem is people seldom rate my books. Maybe they don't read them or maybe writing the reviews is too much trouble. Not sure what the problem is. One thing I do when rating. Very, very few books will get a five. Most receive a four. I may have given a few threes but lower than that I don't go. That means I didn't like the book one little bit. Hopefully those who don't rate my books feel that way too.

Meander 3 - Writing. Plugging away typing Divided Dreams and can't do the last of the re-writes until all are typed in. Am now working on devising the plot line for Wizards of Fyre. Am on my third try to get the story going in the right direction. What I was ignoring was the strong villain. The hero and heroine are strong. The villain wasn't even there. I've found him and am woking to get the story going in the proper direction.

No comments: