Monday, May 11, 2015

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #BooksWeLove


Meander 1 - A Question. When you are being featured on another writer's blog, do you promote the feature or do you just wait for the blog owner to do the deed? I know that when I'm a guest on a blog I make sure to visit frequently and see if there are comments. I also promote my appearance on other social media. Some of my guests do and some don't. The ones who promote have twice as many or more visitors who though they may not leave a comment do at least read what's there. The name of this writing game is to have your name out there so people will become interested in what you have to say. So the next time you're a guest, let other people know. Not sure your sales will go up but your name will be seen and maybe even the books you're writing might grab someone's interest.

Meander 2 - Reading. I like to read many genres of books and am always willing to try new authors. This is the way I've found some authors I really enjoy. Also find authors I don't enjoy. That's what's so much fun about this game. Finding new stories to enjoy and also finding ones you'll avoid.

Meander 3 - My writing. Have begun working on the chapter synopsis of the Wizards of Fyre. Not that the finished story will slavishly follow the outline. At the same time I am typing the remaining chapters of Divided Dreams so I can do a final going through to re-write some scenes and to make the ones I'm pleased with shine. I won't touch this until all 13 chapters are on paper. So that gives me time to think about what may need to be done to make this story shine. It always amazes me when I have friends who are also writers who just sit down and write and have no real plan of where the story is going. They manage in the end to make the stories sing and that's a good thing. Takes all kinds to spin stories.

No comments: