Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday's Guest - Liz Matis - Talking About Heroes, Heroines and Villains #MFRWauthor

1. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms? Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices? Are there genres you wouldn’t attempt?

I write contemporary romance but plan to dabble in a young adult zombie story and new adult sci-fi story.

I love historical romances but I would never write one. Scratch that… I attempted one but my voice lends itself to the contemporary.


2. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write? Does one of these come easy and why?

Heroes and Heroines! I love to write the push and pull between them.


3. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?

I find my heroes through real life and pictures. I post the pictures above my desk for inspiration. It depends on the story whether character or plot comes first.

4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?

Same as above, but I admit each heroine I’ve written has a little piece of me in her or a piece of something I wanted to be.

5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?

I can’t say that I have any villains. It’s mostly the hero and heroines internal struggles that are keeping them apart.


6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain? 

The Quarterback Sneak is my latest release and is available for preorder. Liam McQueen is a sexy quarterback looking for redemption on and off the field. Hayden Middleton is a wayward heiress looking to stay out of jail.

7. What are you working on now?

Summer Dreaming. Release date, August 4, 2015. It’s a new series that I’m writing with Wendy S. Marcus and Jennifer Probst.

8. How can people find you?
           Website:   http://www.lizmatis.com
           Blog:    http://www.taoofliz.blogspot.com
           Twitterhttps://twitter/lizmatis  or @LizMatis
            Facebook:   Liz Matis Fan Page
              Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/lizmatis/


2 comments:

Liz said...

Thank you for having me here today Janet!

Janet Lane Walters said...

Good to have you visit again