Monday, September 15, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - I enjoy crossword puzzles and sometimes the one in the Sunday Times. Doing them increases my fund of words to use when I'm writing. But while doing one yesterday I found myself thinking about words. I came across a clue where the word though spelled the same way had two diverse meanings. I first chose the wrong one since both meanings had a five letter word that worked. I ended up with the second meaning. This brought me to look at another thing that has always puzzled me. We say hoof that when plural becomes hooves. Why doesn't roof become rooves? Maybe I'll never know. Another thing while doing crossword puzzles is the value of knowing cliches. Often these are the basis of clues or the answers are some or part of one.

Meander 2 I'm going to have a book up for pre-order on Amazon. Horu's Chosen an alternate Egypt story. My publisher has decided to try a trial of this. I'll be interested to see what happens when this is at the end. Will be an interesting project.

Meander 3 - WIP is now For The Love Of Michael and am correcting and expanding on what I wrote a long time ago. Passive voice 20%. These days I freak out if I have more than 3%. This book needs a make-over and if I can make it 10 percent larger it can be published as a new book. The story is a farce, a tongue in cheek romance. An experiment I thought I'd try. Did a lot of this sort of thing years ago, The typical nurse/doctor romance becomes hopefully a tongue-in-cheek look at romance. I have a lot more to go on this and know I need to do some chapter changing. Once I get the words right, then I have to go and see that the chapters are right without too many days settled in each chapter.

No comments: