Monday, July 14, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - Boxed sets - I must admit they're a bargain but I don't think I'll be buying any of these specials again. Part of the reason is that I wonder how much of a boost they give the authors. The other is that usually I find about half the books in the set aren't worth the trouble of reading them. If there was a way to jump to the next book without having to hit the next page button I might enjoy them. Another reason is that I haven't found a new author whose books I must have the next one or the ones in the series. I do have a bit more success when all the stories are by the same author. Latest one I bought meant paging through five of the books for varying reasons. At least one was for the need of editing. Two weren't done in a style I find readable.

Meander 2 - Promoting when you're a guest. I give two days to authors a week on this blog. Some of the people featured are wonderful guests and try to interact with those who come to visit. Others never even visit the blog to say thank you for having me. Some of the guests promote their appearance. Many don't. I do promote when there are guests. I'm not sure why this is but when I guest on a blog, I let people know and I check the blog to see if there are comments and I do respond.

Meander 3 - I feel as though I'm working on the story that will never end. I know it will Toth's Priest has gone over the halfway point to the word length I've envisioned. But there are still rough spots that need to be smoothed. I do think I've come nearly to the re-write part of the book. Problem is the next book is beginning to take form. When that happens I become impatient. Patience is needed for an author. Perhaps someday I will find some.

No comments: