Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday's Who I'm Reading - Andre Norton and Rosemary Edghill bu Janet Lane Walters


Sometimes I go back to writers I've read in the past. Especially when I need a break from reading new writers. Lately I've been re-reading some of the Andre Norton books I have on my shelf. There are a lot of them and many are held together by rubber bands. Finding the familiar stories allows me to appreciate someone whose writings have spanned much of my life. The ones I've been reading lately are ones she has written by other authors. This always amazes me and I wonder exactly how people write with partners. That's because I'm a solo wirter for the most part. I do have stories in collections with other writers but these are different that two writers writing the same book. How does the story manage to hang together. Do they each take a character or two and go from there. I may never find the answer to this question.

What I've been reading lately are two Books Andre Norton wrote with Rosemary Edghill and I've always wished there had been a third. I had the pleasure of meeting Rosemary Edghill years ago under a different name at a one day conference and enjoyed the interesting conversations

So if you're interested in fantasy and alternate worlds look at The Shadow Of Albion and Leopard In Exile.

No comments: